Friday, November 11, 2011

Mighty Trees

Galla Creek Kennel would like to say thank to every man or woman who has served our country in the military. We appreciate your service to all of us! You are our MIGHTY human Oaks!
At the front of my house stands this mighty Oak. It makes me feel small and young. Near my back door there is a huge Black Gum Tree that turns brilliant red in the fall while the Oak glows with gold. Nothing is a awesome as a mighty tree. Found this poem honoring them.
I think that I shall never see
A poem lovely as a tree.
A tree whose hungry mouth is prest
Against the sweet earth's flowing breast;
A tree that looks at God all day, 5
And lifts her leafy arms to pray;
A tree that may in summer wear
A nest of robins in her hair;
Upon whose bosom snow has lain;
Who intimately lives with rain. 10
Poems are made by fools like me,
But only God can make a tree.
Joyce Kilmer 1886-1918





No comments: