Monday, March 01, 2010

Last Day Season

What I like about squirrel hunting is starting the young
Feists. Yesterday, I took Dan and Tie (AKA Oliver) for
my last hunt this season. Tie hunted like an old dog. We
treed 9 and I brought 2 home for Betty to fry for me
tonight! The highlight of the day was Galla Creek Dan,
out of Bonnie Sue Parker and Shooter! He treed his
first squirrel with Tie and his first one solo. What a day
and what a way to end the season. I am blessed. Tie
and Dan are half brothers, both out of Shooter! Watch
old Dan Maples tree his first squirrel. Betty named him
after a US Marshall who served for Isaac Parker at Fort
Smith. He went into the Nations after the notorious Cherokee
bandit Ned Christie. Ned was wanted for murder and he
ambushed Dan Maples and killed him. No one ambushed
Dan yesterday when he made his first tree!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER SHOOTER TREE DOG.
GOOD LAST DAY OUTING.

TROY

Anonymous said...

Looks like Mr Squirrel Dog USA has done it again
You are truly blessed Larry and the thing that makes it so good is you are humble enough to know it and tell everyone else.
That is one of many great characters you have and because of that I say I'm blessed also to call you my friend.
I spent the last month of season layed up recovering but I sure did want to be out there

Wayne

Anonymous said...

Wayne I am blessed to have many friends like You.



Larry