Sunday, February 28, 2010

Letter from Jed

We have sold Jed (out of Max and Bandit, full brother to Spud) to Peter Bolomolov. Peter is 16 and lives near St. Louis, MO. He had a Feist named, Beau who had an accident recently. Peter and his mother drove the 7 hours this weekend and Jed is in his new home. At first, Peter was slightly worried that Jed did not seem that hungry. Well, he had been running out in our yard here with an automatic feeder so he was probably pretty full! I am posting a photo of Beau (red Feist) and Jed with Peter and a little note Jed had Peter send when he got settled in to his new environment. The Bolomolov's have another dog and a pet bird. We sure want a picture of Jed and his new animal friends too!
Hello Galla Creek from Jed,
I managed to convince Peter I should do the whole trip in his lap. The driver got a picture of us both asleep and folded up. I finally did eat dinner and drink some water so don't worry about what the driver was trying to ask you when the phone kept cutting out. Once we got home I met a really big dog but it was wagging its tail. These crazy people all started talking funny and I couldn't understand a thing but since they were petting me I guess its okak. The only one talking right was some guy under a big square blanket and he was telling me to "save the bird" and give a kiss. Oh brother. So it is time for me to curl up and sleep. I am crated but the big dog is sleeping near and I'm not lonely. Thanks for giving me a chance to be part of this funny sounding family. I will send pictures soon. Jed

In Memory of Peter Bolomolov's Beau


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear friends at Galla Creek,
I slept all night and then went out with the tall guy who REALLY talks funny and when I did my business outside he told me I was a Hiroshima subaka which means good dog I think. I met a huge dog named Twister face to face and I got to admit his big nose and grain breath was a bit scary so I decided to hide behind my new Rottweiler friend Harvey. I also met the cats (boring since they won't run) and the Guy from under the blanket last night. He is pretty cool as he told me I am "a very pretty bird ". He seems to be in charge around here since Harvey says even the cats are afraid of him when he gets mad. There is also an older lady here who cried when she saw me and only talks the funny way. I think I am going to need to get bilingual to deal with her but it may be worth it since she's a good cook. That's all for now from Pacific Missouri and the Misty Valley Ranch.
Jed

Galla Creek said...

The Bolomolov master's father is a native of Russia. I am thinking we will have a bilingual Feist before long!

Anonymous said...

Too cute, I know Jed is going to love learning Russia. Those Galla Creek dogs are so smart. Sherry Vance