Sunday, March 28, 2010

Six Pence

Keith Stanton sent pictures of Six-Pence (out of Spook and Shooter). He has Granddaughter of Bell, Annie Oakley, and a male offspring of Annie, Spot. On the last hunt of the season, Pence got hit by a falling squirrel, but maybe it will just turn her on to hate the critters. Here is Brian's email. Pence (Penny) is a full sister to Jack!
Larry an Betty,
Wanted to let you know that penny is enjoying the spring time down here in the bottoms. She is growing like crazy and thinks she is the biggest dog in the world. scared of nothing and interested in everything. Had a little scare on our last hunt of the season. We had taken four dogs this day and at the time were hunting my male dog Spot { out of annie oakley} and Penny. Spot had treed and because of a big brushtop my friend could not see the bottom of the tree. Heres were i got my scare,I walked around the tree looking for the squirrel and when he moved Greg shot it out with a 22. Out comes the squirrel stone dead from atleast 50 foot up and hits penny square in the back. It knocked her to the ground flat. I dont know how she wasnt hurt but right back up she came. Well I hope all is well there and hope to get back up there for a visit soon. Heres a couple of pictures. Doesnt look like any back problems to me.Thanks for the great dogs. Keith Stanton.

No comments: