Saturday, February 27, 2010


Went on a squirrel hunt yesterday to Scott County and ran into another hunter over there. Jerry Hunt is his name and he was telling all about his squirrel dog, Scruffy. They have been doing good this season. Killed 4 one evening this week, 6 another and last weekend he said he got 10 over on Jack Creek. I asked what he would take for Scruffy--he said Scruffy was not for sale. I thought Scruff looked familiar as he had the Old Rowdy look about him. His mother is the little white and red pup in the above photo. She was out of Pris Wilkerson and Old Rowdy. I sold her to Stacy Fowler when she was 6 weeks old. So just out hunting we ran into a Galla Creek Feist. We treed a few and made a little video I will post in a few days...but running into Scruff was the highlight of the day!
Jerry Hunt and Scruffy--His mother's line goes Pris Wilkerson and Old Rowdy. Pris Wilkerson is out of Belle and Snowball. Bell is a daughter of Allar's Fred and Fred is out of Old Rowdy! Small world when it comes to squirrel dogs! Old Rowdy's genes still going strong. Scruff is only a year.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Larry that is the dog I was telling u about down there that looked like rowdy! He had some squirrels in the back of his truck the day I met him. I am glad u ran into him so now u can't say I'm crazy!

Matt

Anonymous said...

He sure does look like the old man doen't he. I got a good report. My new tumor scare turned out to be nothing but scar tissue.
Steve

Galla Creek said...

Steve, hey, that is the best news! Thank you for telling us! God is good!

Jerry Hunt told me that some young whipper snapper from Mansfield, AR had 'hunted out' the road I was on. No, squirrels left he said. Matt, wonder who he was talking about?

Anonymous said...

Did u lie about where your from again Larry?

Matt

Anonymous said...

I don't drive black toyota. Mines White.