Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Sadie and Dixie

When Matt sent the picture of Rosco, he sent these of his two female pups. This is what he said in the email--
The white/lemon(Sadie)is out of my Rosco and my Dot. She is only four months old. The black and white one(Dixie) is out of Max and Dobs. Dobs is Rosco's sister who is owned by Troy Vance. She is 5 months old. I trapped a squirrel and decided to let them see it while it was in the cage and then I was going to raise it up in the tree and let them bark at it. They were pretty aggressive and they flipped the cage and let the squirrel out. To my surprise they chased it and treed it! It timbered on them and they finally lost it. They then began to smell with their noses up in the air trying to locate it. As you can imagine I am very pleased and I can't wait to get them in the woods.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good looking pup's Matt
And off to a great start looks like those two will put you to work this season

Wayne

Anonymous said...

you can't ask for anything any better than that, Matt.

Kevin

Anonymous said...

Thanks guys, I am really looking forward to hunting these pups. I took them out for their first time monday afternoon and they didn't get out real far but they smelled the sides of a few trees and kept their nose on the ground. I am going to take them seperate in the future because thats just the way I like to do it. I am hoping by the end of squirrel season they will have each treed a good handfull of wild squirrels on their own! I know they are smart and a whole lot of fun to work with and that is for sure!

Matt

Anonymous said...

Just can't go wrong with the Renfroes and those Galla Creek Feist
They are one of a kind for sure

Wayne