Thursday, January 15, 2009

What you like


Depends on what you hunted with when
you were young!

Julian Swann grew up hunting with Cur dogs.
He tried several of Galla Feists--including
Nogo Nell and Brown Sugar! He really just
did not like hunting with the little dogs.
So Tim Taylor ended up with these two Feists
and Julian got him another Black Mouth Cur.
Her name is Jessie and he sent this picture
of her on the tree--at only 4 and a half
months. I guess I say...whatever melts your
butter.

I had Feists when I was young.My Grandpa and Uncle
Joe Standridge always hunted with the little Feist
and they are what I enjoy hunting with! The Ozark Mt.
hillbillies could not always afford to feed a
hound and the little Feist would do everything
the big hound did except eat a bunch! I say
poor man has poor ways and I still do! But I
understand that some folks prefer a bigger dog
and respect their opinions!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's hard for some to get away from that tree power. My boy has a treeing cur that will flat tear a tree down. I do enjoy hunting him at night and he is a top dog in the day too, but I LOVE my feist dogs and will hunt them all my days.
Dean

Anonymous said...

I know Tim is proud to have those two dogs.

Kevin

Anonymous said...

Julian is a determined man and he gets what he wants. He is a wonderful man and a great friend and he will get that "tree power"
keep it up Julian!

Tim

p/s
i love my fiest from julian
"little tree power"