Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Rosco and Matt Howell

Matt Howell sent this about a week ago of he and Rosco
after a hunt. I had not gotten it posted and wanted to share
the pictures. Rosco was sick. Matt took him to the vet and
he had a virus or infection; anyhow, he is back to his old self.
As owners, we have a responsibility to care for our dogs. One
sign of a sick Feist is one who is out hunting (bobbed tailed)
and their tail is down. If your dog has diarrhea, more than a
day or so...they are sick. I worked in animal health for 20 years
and I am pretty good at diagnosing and doctoring my dogs...but
if you don't know what is wrong...you need to do like Matt did
and take the dog to the vet. Dogs and chickens don't mix well.
Chickens carry diseases that dogs can get. Can't spell or I would
tell you what one is called. Glad Rosco is feeling better.

No comments: