Friday, January 23, 2009

Fitting the Dog to the Owner

Most of you that call and talk on the phone know that Shooter and
Lawson Powers were not a good match. I think it was largely my
fault. Shooter should have been matched with an older more
experienced hunter. I felt really bad for Lawson and I brought
Shooter home and let Lawson have All Cranked Up. Cranky is
rambuctous! She has never met a stranger. I have Shooter back
here on Galla Creek and Cranky has moved to Texas.

Lawson sent these pictures of his first hunt with Cranky. I
hope the two of them make a good team!

After I got Shooter back home, he seems happier to be here than ever. I
may still sell Shooter but it will have to be to the right person
and the right time!

I have always tried to do what is right with my Kennel. If all I
wanted to do was sell dogs...my Kennel would have died long ago.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's no substitute for honesty and downright goodness and you to are fine examples of both.
Dean Wright

Anonymous said...

larry that was a generous thing you done there, and i can see the smile on that young mans face, and cranky looks pretty happy to.you and mrs.betty are the best. craig

Anonymous said...

This is why I picked Galla Creek to buy a pup from and why I am buying another pup.
Kevin

Anonymous said...

Looks like they are proud of their new dog! She sure is a dandy!

Matt

Anonymous said...

Larry, you're a pretty good feller...no matter what Betty keeps telling me! LOL! As always, you did the right thing...a big man with a big heart.
Steve

Anonymous said...

Larry
My dad always said that when your good you know it but when your real good everybody knows it.
well it happened to me also and we are still looking for her

tim
ALWAYS LOOK UP

Anonymous said...

RECKON HOW LONG ITS GOING TO TAKE CRANKY TO TRAIN LAWSON. LOL

TROY