Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Watermelon Man

I know an ol' watermelon man
who grows watermelons big and grand!
He guards his garden with ole shot gun,
Bunch of Feist dogs that'll bite and run.
He stings tin cans around the patch
If he hears noise, he lifts the latch
And sticks that shot gun through a crack
I hear 'Sic em' but don't look back.
Cause I am running down the road fast as I can
Trying to escape the ol' Watermelon man
Clutching a Charleston tight in my hands
'Cause I'd even die for watermelon, man!

You know our old hunt'n buddy Sterling is an accomplished Crappie Fisherman, Squirrel Hunter, Turkey Hunter, etc.....now we can add Watermelon Grower to that list. The first pictures were taken a couple weeks ago and show some nice Charleston Grays he had growing in his garden. I've had my eye on those two in the picture while they still on the vine, but was waiting for a good clear night to go shopping for them :-)Well he picked them today and called me to come over after work and pick one up, but as usual I was late and got there after the help had helped themselves, but there was still some nice ones left. Roger Littlejohn

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love watermelon to man. LOL

Wayne