Thursday, August 26, 2010

Poor Man Has Poor Ways

My daughter and son-in-law got a brand new back door. I got the old one. It was just a door and did not have the jam. I wanted to put it on the garage to replace this old nasty one which was up. The old door would not even shut correctly. A new door with a glass is pretty expensive so yesterday, I built a jam and fit the door into the opening. The new door is wider than the old one so the old jam had to be torn out. It really turned out nice. It shuts like a dream. I built the outer trim out of two by fours. I am up town now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That one looks alot better. You did a good job.

Wayne

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU MR Hawkins

Anonymous said...

Looks great Larry, now Miss.Betty can just look in on you.

S. Vance

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Sherry. I may have to paint the inside of the windows black.