Thursday, February 12, 2009

In Memory of a Special Mt. Feist

I got the nicest email from a family who lost their
Mountain Feist. I asked if I could post the pictures
of Gizmo as a memorial. Here is Janice's message:
Hi Larry:
You have the BEST looking Feists! I saw your website

after being on Sq Dog Cent. for about four weeks now.
Five weeks ago my husband and I lost our Gizmo. He was
the first Feist we've ever been blessed to have and have
been just aching since the tragedy. He, who never went out
front, went across our road and was struck and killed. He
was only 8. But he'd already travelled this wonderful land
(including the Ouachita & Ozarks) and had his own webpage:
http://www.co-mission-services.com/Gizmo.html. We miss
him terribly. I also sent you a couple of my favorite pictures.
As you can see, he was up for anything (tho he usually ran
alongside the horses, he did ocassionaly like to go for a ride).
I wish you had pups out of your Spud. I think he is gorgeous.
'Course, I don't hunt so you might not want to sell me one of
your dogs. But if you ever have one that does not work out
for hunting and is under a year, I'd love to have a chance to
be partners with another Feist. Maybe I could visit you
someday on another trip through AR. Keep up with the
pictures too. Someone is pretty good with a camera (one of my hobbies).
Blessings, Janice Raddatz



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate to hear of this loss but you get yourself one of Galla Creek's pups and don't worry about it being a hunting dog. He was a good looking dog.

Kevin

Anonymous said...

Gizmo, Was a good looking Feist.


James