Thursday, December 04, 2008

Bass Reeves

Paul Parker sent pictures of Bass. He
is out of Bonnie Sue Parker and Shooter.
He is named after the famous U. S. Marshall
for Judge Issac Parker. Boonie Sue Parker is
an outlaw so we thought it fitting to name
all her pups after lawmen!

Thanks for the pictures, Paul!




Here is part of Paul's email and pictures of
Bass...the photo under the tree is from Sept.
so it is a little older.

I wanted to send a recent photos of Bass's
first encounter with a caged squirrel. It was
evident early that the treeing instincts along with
the desire to hunt was bred into him. I let him
have and up-close experience with this squirrel
for about 10 minutes in which he barded every breath.
When I turned the squirrel loose, Bass almost caught
him before the squirrel took to the nearest tree.
He immediately placed paws on tree, barked, and watched
the squirrels attempts to circle and climb higher. Bass
also circled with him and would come back tree, bark
more, and keep visual sight on the squirrel. I had
laid the camera down at this point and didn't capture these
sights. Hopefully next time I'll have my wife Kathy
with me and she can capture the excitement. He is very
vocal, bites and gnaws, aggressive/gritty and has grown
up the past month - as seen in photos.
Regards,
Paul A. Parker

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

nothing like a galla creek pup, they got the drive in them and look good doing it. nice looking pup you have there. CRAIG

Anonymous said...

Paul you got a good looking pup my friend.
Kevin

Anonymous said...

Thank's Guy's



Larry