Sunday, November 28, 2010

Lee Moore's Sadie Belle and Scout

Lee Moore is smiling. Sadie Belle has caught the squirrel hunting bug is on fire to hunt and tree. His new pup, Scout, is out of Sadie's sister, Babe Oyl, and Radio Flyer. He is interested in the goings on and is only a young whipper snapper. Sadie is a litter mate to our Olive Oyl, who we lost last winter. Scout is a littermate to Lucky Strike! Thanks, Lee for sharing the hunt. Here is his email:
This morning we took Scout and Sadie to the woods. My dad, neice, nephew, sister and I all went. We managed to shoot out 3. Sadie treed a couple other times, but there were too many leaves to find the squirrels. Lee Moore
And this is an email from his hunt last week!
Hi Mr. Larry and Mrs. Betty, hope all is well with yall. I decided to take the day off today and Daddy and I took the dogs out. Sadie treed alot a dozen or more times this morning but we were only able to kill two. I feel like there were squirrels there most of the other times we just probably couldn't see them still so many leaves and only one person to shake vines and one to look. She treed about seven times this afternoon and I managed to shoot one out by myself. This morning she also followed one that timbered out over a couple of ridges. Scout was with us also and he would go on little short expeditions and then come back and would head out with Sadie but he can't quite keep up yet, if Sadie does like I think she is going to I think that will help me get Scout going alot easier. Was going to take the camera but it wasn't acting right will try and get some pictures soon. In a few weeks once leaves have dropped I expect some really good hunting. Thanks for the good dogs. Lee





No comments: