Sunday, November 21, 2010

Following Piper

Following Piper is an adventure and Pete is enjoying every minute. Piper found a coyote and Pete had to come to her rescue or she might have been Wiley's next meal! Here's his story and thanks for sharing Pete! Piper is out of Spook and Shooter.
Renfroes,
Piper has been burning up the squirrels,with her usual three a day.She still doesn't bark at the tree quite as well as I would like,but we are working especially hard at this each morning and I'm hopeful this will start to click with her soon.She barks well to command for treats,but hasn't made the "squirrel in the tree "connection despite my constant encouragement.Monday we had a near misswith a coyote while squirrel hunting as she winded a bedded one and went to investigate.The coyote was only 10-15 feet from her,popping I'ts jaws,before I was able to shoot and alter the attack.Thanks to the e-collar I was able to keep Piper from renewing the confrontation until I was sure Wiley was down for good.[Tuff to do with squirrel loads].We finished the day treeing six times,killing three.
Best regards Pete



No comments: