Thursday, March 12, 2009

Ol Hickory--Boat Hunting

Sterling Earhart sent this email today about huntin Hickory (out of Radio &
Tia) from a boat...it sounded like so much fun, I thought I would post it--
I think Hickory will just get better. I had one great afternoon
hunt with him right before season ended. I hunted him on one
of the big island at the lake. He smelled a sq before he got out
of the boat and headed out and treed I shot that one for him
he took off and treed another one pretty quick I didn't shoot
that one. For about another hour he about run me ragged around
that island treeing, sqs timbering to dens bailing out to dens and
I shot one more to him after it bailed out and went up another tree.
I had to lead him back to the boat after dark but it was fun.
Sterling

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've always wanted to go on a hunt by boat. I think it would be fun. Maybe next year I'll try it.

Kevin

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a boat load of fun!!!

Matt