Saturday, March 14, 2009

Dan Maples Lost

I have been letting Dan Maples run out. When I got up
this morning he was gone. I called and called...when I
fed the Kenneled dogs he did not come home. He does
not like strangers and I did not think someone picked
him up. He had a collar on with my name and phone number
on it. By late this afternoon he still had not come home.
I had rode the mule up and down the road, down to the Lake,
over to Galla Meadow! He was nowhere around. LouisAnn was
running out with him and she was still here.

My Granddaughter Astrid and I set out on a hike up Crow Mt.
about 3:00 looking and calling. LouisAnn was with us. Finally,
we sat down on one of those big rocks to rest and we could hear
a faint whining of a dog. Up the Mt. we went higher and higher.
Betty has been having a varmit try to get in her chicken pen. I
think it may be a Bobcat. At last we saw Dan Maples...wish I had
taken the camera. He had chased something and he was high on a
ledge and could not get down. It was not easy for this fat boy to
get up to him, but I did and he was happy to come home again.
LouisAnn was a big help in locating him.

I appreciate Dan more now he is home. Don't know how much you love
something until you almost lose it!
This picture of Dan is from February of this year. He is a beautiful
dog--out of Bonnie Sue Parker and Shooter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you found Dan, Paisley might not like it if her littermate came up missing. lol
He's a handfull I bet.

Kevin

Anonymous said...

larry that is great news to hear, and mabe what ever he chased he run it over the top and wont be botheren mrs.bettys chickens. craig