Sunday, March 22, 2009

Bringing a Smile to my Face and Heart

I received this email from Keith Stanton, who owns a
Feist who is a son of Annie Oakley. Sometimes I get
discouraged and then emails like this one pick me up
again---here is part what Keith said.
Mr. Renfroe, I have a couple of questions but first let me
compliment you on your webpage. I enjoy checking back
for the the updates and recommend it to everyone that asks
me anything about feists and/or squirrel hunting.
My name is Keith Stanton.I am fairly new to squirrel hunting

with dogs but enjoying it more everyday. A very good friend
of mine started me into this habit and sold me my first really
good dog. My pup was born in may 2005 and we were in the
woods 6 months later. At 18 months we were starting to get a
good idea of things and it kept getting better until this past
season when he really turned on. I had the greatest time
and best season that anyone should ever expect. My friend
you may remember is David Lynch. David bought a female
from you out of max and bell and a male from Kevin hardastle’s
snow scout and rosie of vines. David got only one litter from these
two before the male got killed by a car. (My pup is from this
cross.)
Thank you for your time and thanks again for all of the helpful

information on your webpage. I’ve enclosed a couple of pictures.
The young man is the latest victim of squirrel dog addiction.
Thank you
Keith Stanton

Annie Oakley, daughter of Belle and Max, with David
Lynch in January 2005. David came last year and
bought another Feist, a pup out of Bonnie Sue & Shooter.Here is Keith's male out of Annie and a Snowball Feist.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

GREAT LOOKING DOG
AND COULD NOT AGREE MORE OF HIS EMAIL

TIM

Anonymous said...

100% on time.

Kevin

Sister--Helen said...

I love seeing the pictures of the kids and their dogs....it warms my heart....after reading the post I looked at the 1st picture and thought, 'well he is not as young as I was hoping'....but when I got to the last photo I was not disapointed....another boy and his dog....

Anonymous said...

ALWAYS GLAD TO SEE A YOUNGSTER AND HIS PUP LEARNING TO SQUIRREL HUNT. IT ASSURES ME THAT OUR LOVE FOR HUNTING WITH FIEST WILL CONTINUE LONG AFTER WE ARE GONE.

TROY