Sunday, November 23, 2008

Milo!

this is Milo. Ray Thomas of Iowa owns him.
he came from Steve McAndrews. He sent this
email along with the pictures. I had forgotten
about telling him to call Steve to see if he
had a Feist for sale...but it is always nice to
hear about a story with a happy ending and
I guess I wrote the first chapter when Ray called
me and I told him about someone closer to him than
I was. That is what I try my best to do. Help
foster getting guys who want a Feist dog hooked up
with someone who is near enough to him to make
a connection possible.
Here is part of Ray's email to me this week!

Larry. I talked to you this summer about a pup,
and during the conversation you suggested I get a
hold of Steve Mc Andrews, beings I lived in in
central iowa. I talked to you after talking to Steve,
and told you he had hooked me up with a 5 year old
male called Milo. (who is a champion squirrel dog.)
What a dog!!!!! Boy does he love to hunt! He is
quiet in the kennel, some what shy, love's to be loved.
But let a cat go by, drag a squirrel tail for the pups,
and let him see it, and he goes wild. When we get to the
timber he's all business. Trees hard, and fast, and to
my surprise, retrieves'! The only thing I have against him
is I getting to old for him. I can't keep up. He hunts
in close, then if he don't come up with anything will cast
farther out. ( He will come back to check on you if he
doesn't tree.) If he trees over the hill, I get there,
and then send him on. He is in no time treeing again,
and it might be across the creek over on the next
hillside. After 5 or 6 runs I'm worn out.
Thanks again! Ray


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ray,Good looking male.Who is off of...Thxs John

Anonymous said...

Ray, do you want to sell him?