Thursday, April 23, 2009

Amen Corner--Stand & Testify

When I received this email from Mo Eckle, I felt as good
as I do on Sunday when folks stand and testify!  Thanks,
Mo, for these encouraging words.  Also, posting some new
photos of part of the new Lia/Max litter.
Here are the 3 Lia/Spud males from her litter last summer.  
The first male is Flint--Tommy Collins owns him and he is treeing.
The middle male is Gunner--Wayne Hawkins owns Gunner and he is
treeing.
The last male is Rocket--Mo Eckle III owns him and we had not heard
from him until yesterday--here is what he says about Rocket!!!
Hello Mr. Larry and Mrs. Betty,

I just wanted to give ya'll an update on Rocket. He has been with a friend 
of mine's Dad for a couple of months now and has made quite an impression. 
At first he didn't want to get too far away from Mr. George and go hunting, 
probably from so much "lap" time at our house.

But his son, Pete, called me the other day laughing to tell me that his Dad 
called him from the woods the other day and he couldn't hardly hear him 
because Rocket was barking treed so loud. Mr. George said that Rocket 
was one of the smartest dogs he has ever worked with.

Mr. George and his family rode to town on horseback about a mile away. 
Mr. George didn't realize that Rocket had followed them the whole way. 
He was afraid that he would get hit so he told his grandson to get him. 
His grandson got off his horse and put Rocket on the back of the horse 
and he just stood there by himself until his grandson got back up on the 
horse. Then rocket rode the rest of the time in Mr. George's grandson's lap.

He is also apparently quite the field rat dog, Mr. George said that the field 
rat's around the barn don't stand a chance if Rocket is around. Mr. George 
was standing around with one of his coon huntingbuddies talking about what 
a great little dog Rocket was and Mr. George's buddy said that he has never 
seen a feist as sharp as Rocket. He wanted to know what kennel he came 
from so I gave him all the info about Galla Creek Kennels and the website info.

So don't be surprised if you get contacted by some more Tipton and Lauderdale 
County, TN folks.

Thanks for Rocket. When he really gets going I'll be getting back with you for 
another Galla Creek pup.

Sincerely,

M.O. Eckel III
 TN
Here is a new photo of part of the new Lia litter. The creme
colored male goes to David Beach. The spotted male is the
Spradlin's of Shawnee, OK.  The male with the dot on his head
goes to Middleton-Parker!  The female pup with the wide blaze
will move to Jimmy Redman's home!  We hope these turn out
as good as Lia's last litter!



4 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Tommy Collins sent this comment by email...so I am posting it her. He is really pleased with his Flint and wanted to testify!!!
Larry/Betty, I want to put my order in right now, I want a male pup from Spud/Lia, but will take a female. Larry there is something to this cross, I have had dogs my entire life, and Flint is the smartest, the best handling, just the best. Larry i can not begin to explain about Flint, I saw your blog tonight, with Flints brothers, and I believe that you hit on a perfect cross, almost anything that i tell him to do he understands it and will do it. I dont competition hunt, and dont have a desire to, so people will never really know about him, but my definition of a good squirrel dog is one that i enjoy hunting, and spending time with, one that i can kill a few squirrels with, one that handles good, and one that just wants to please you, Flint at 9 months old has all that, I dont want a high powered dog, i just like to take my dog to the woods, walk around and tree a few squirrel, thats what squirrel hunting to me is all about.

Put my order in your book, I will right this minute send you the whole amount, that is what i think about this cross, I will buy one and hunt one for you, what ever it takes , I want another.

Tommy

Anonymous said...

I'm sure this pups will turn out great too!

Matt

Sister--Helen said...

I like the black and white ones...

Anonymous said...

Can I get an AMEN...

Kevin