Thursday, July 17, 2008

Lucas Parks and Hawkins

Sq. Dog Central had an essay contest about
squirrel hunting. The winner was to receive a
pup of his choice and Lonetree was going to
buy him the pup. We were thrilled that Lucas
Parks won and wanted a pup from Galla Creek.
We donated the pup and he is going to have the
money to help with the feed and care of his Feist.

Today I met Lucas Parks' family at Harrison, Ar. He claimed
his pup and I loaned him Belle Starr (my old Mt. Feist that
stays in the house) to assist him and Hawk in their
squirrel hunting. I am anxious to hear how their
hunts go and hope Lucas will write another story
about hunting with an old Feist and hisyoung pup.
Lucas sister's are Allison and Lauren.
Lauren (the younger sister) said "I really like Hawk".
And Hawk loved all of them. Belle seemed excited
like she was going on a vacation!

2 comments:

Erin said...

what a pretty yard.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad Hawk is going to his new home...Sherry