Sunday, October 10, 2010

Piper and O'Malley

Hey Renfroes,Hope you guys are doing well.I thought you'd like to see some pics of my little hounds! Piper(shooter x spook,aka Jack's sister)has really turned on to finding the squirrels.I shot three squirrels out for her the last three days we hunted this week.I have been blessed with a multitude of young inexperienced squirrels that readily give up their location by barking at the dogs.Many were shot out only 15-20 ft above the dogs head as they moved about the leaved out limbs.Now my only wish is that they would start barking back at the squirrels as they tree,got any suggestions?My Grits pup(oly x max,aka OMally)has been much slower to come around,I hope this is just a maturity issue.Grits was partially blinded in her right eye by a bee sting,she learned really quick to stay out of the bee-yard while we're working bees.The whole incident just makes me sick,as we all get stung around here much more than we'd like,me included.I've been working both dogs individually for about 11/2-2hrs a day each now that the temperature has finally cooled off some.Many thanks to Roger Littlejohn and Matt Howell for their many words of encouragement and suggestions.Best Wishes,Pete Reimold.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great looking young dogs you have, one thing that will help on barking treed is to teach them to bark on command then when there treed and you can see the sq get them to bark for you then shoot the sq out to them and before long they will be barking before you get to the tree.lol craig