Thursday, April 29, 2010

Poem from Jed

Jed is Spud's full brother. He lives in St. Louis and when he saw the post about Spud treeing and me not killing his prize, Jed sent along a little verse he composed about the situation. One of Jed's masters, Peter, was born in Russia so Jed is also now trilingual, speaking 3 languages--Dog, English and Russian! Here is the Poem that Peter and Jed composed for Spud--

Confusion
Look here, Master, I have done my part of the job.
I chased that critter faithfully through brush, over log.
I herded him easily, having taken his measure
Have cornered him up there for your shooting pleasure
What on earth are you thinking?!
Go on! Take the shot!
Are you sick? Are you crazy? I know that you're not!
What do you mean that critter isn't in season?
Trust me, I'm a pro, I know that's no reason.
To be standing there staring and shaking your head.
I guess you are sick. So just slink off to bed.
But good luck with sleeping, because I know my rights
I'll be barking right here for the next six months of nights!
Peter and Jed Bolomolov

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too cute!
Sherry V.