Saturday, April 28, 2007

Dobs is Treeing at 5 Months!


Yesterday in the early morning all the dogs
were barking and I went out to see what was
going on. I heard a dog treed up on Galla Ridge
behind my house. I took off up there with my
gun and one shell. Well, little Dobs had treed
her first squirrel. I missed it and let her down.
She is not letting me down. She was treed this
morning again before 8 A.M. She knows what
this is all about already. In about a week or so,
I will have to get her in the Kennel. After the
dogs really take off, I kennel them and it really
lights their fire to go. I don't want to burn one out
by letting it do too much too early. Dobs is out
of Spook and Peanut. She is a little over 5 months
old. I have 3 pups from this cross, and my friend,
Matt Howell, has one, Rosco Cloud!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It amazes me that these dogs tree at such a young age.
And it also excites me to know that I own a dog from this kennel.
My hat is off to the Renfroes for doing such a great job with thier line of Feist


Wayne Hawkins

Anonymous said...

Wayne thanks for the kind words



LARRY

Anonymous said...

She looks like a winner tome. I think Rosco will be treeing within a couple of weeks! I have never had a pup that hunts this hard, it's just great!


Matt