Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentine's Wishes From Pete, Grits and Piper

Pete, sent photos of his Valentine Day hunt with Piper and Grits and a email message detailing the great day!
I got to spend some quality time with the girls, we had a ball.Brought out six,and had opportunities on the other four to limit but shooting the 22cal at timbering squirrels,captivated the limitations of my rimfire abilities.To be honest I wouldn't have had it any other way.I've learned that you really have to trust what these little dogs are trying to tell you.I was close to leaving several trees only to catch a twitching tail hidden way in the tops of some of these huge oak trees.Really hard to believe it was zero degrees here on Friday.
P.S. The old house pic was taken here on friday,Piper treed one by going into the house via a large opening in the bottom of the front door,I didn't realize where she was until a startled gray squirrel came flying out one of the second story windows.The floor of the house was littered with old black walnut hulls from the big tree in the front.
Best Regards Pete
Piper treed on inside this house!

2 comments:

SquirrelHunter1980 said...

You got some nice dogs there Pete!

Matt

Grits2010 said...

Thanks, I hope they make as much proress next year as they did this.