Sunday, December 26, 2010

Bonnie, Belle, and Lucky Strike


Bonnie treed a squirrel over near the Galla woods Christmas Eve. It was drizzling rain and cold, but she was persistent with her barking so I went over to her. All Bonnie's halabaloo woke Belle up from her nap and she came and joined in. Bonnie had my pup with her, Lucky Strike. You will notice a cord on Lucky. She will come to me but only when she wants to. I use a check cord when a pup is like this to keep her in my control.

When I got to the tree, I could see this huge hole in the base and figured the squirrel was in there. There was not a leaf on the tree and I could not see any squirrel. I was sure it was a fox squirrel as gray ones are rare here near my woods. Anyway, because Lucky was there I decided to shoot the 22 so she could hear the gun and get accustomed. When I did the squirrel jumped out of the tree. I think he came out the bottom and run up the tree and then jumped. The chase was on then and Bonnie, Belle, and Lucky Strike put the squack up this batch of sweet Gum trees. I shot to wound it to see what Lucky would do...but as my luck runs I hit it.
Lucky seemed to get what we were doing. She is 4 months old out of Babe Oyl and Radio Flyer.



No comments: