Sunday, December 07, 2014

Paying It Forward

 This is King Tut from a hunt today.  I sold Tut to Colby Leeds to squirrel hunt with his sons.  Tut had to live in a pen or tied up.  Colby took Tut out to his Dad's and let him have Tut.  Mr. Leeds lives in the country and Tut did not have to stay in a small space.  I had not heard from Colby about Tut for 2 years and I often wondered about my beautiful Feist.  Today I got an email up date which I am going to post here.  It sure made me smile.  
Larry,
    I have a long overdue update for you about Tut. He is doing great!  I'm not sure if I told you or not the last time that I talked to you, but I couldn't stand seeing Tut chained up at my house. I felt that he needed to be able to hunt anytime he wanted too. So, I took him out to my Mom and Dads and let them have him. He has 40 acres to run and hunt on out there. He loves it out there. He has treed squirrels probably everyday for the past 2-1/2 years and recently began treeing coons at night. As a joke Dad told me he was worried about Tut, said he was getting bags under his eyes from squirrel hunting all day and coon hunting all night!  My Dad has fell in love with Tut. It's like Tut understands every word my Dad says to him. My Dad has done so much for me over the years, I know I could never pay him back, but I feel that by letting him have Tut  that it was a huge jump in that direction. I want to thank you again for the chance to own Tut.  He is what Dad and I have always dreamed of having in a squirrel dog and just a good companion. 

Thanks again
Colby Leeds


No comments: