Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Treed Day Two

Most dogs will stay treed for 30 minutes, an hour, and maybe even more.  My Cora is treed day 2, yes this is the second day of her keeping the squirrel in the tree.  I went to bed last night and figured the squirrel would come down the tree and get away.  This morning Cora had it treed up a tree near the one the squirrel was in last night.  So she is on day 2 of this tree.  I am not going to kill the squirrel as I don't get many here in the yard.  But also I am not going to put her up so the squirrel can get away.  I was gone most of today so tomorrow I will see if Cora still has the squirrel up the tree.  Once Ole Belle kept a cat treed for days on Galla Creek.  I finally put her up but the cat was so weak it could not climb down.  He just laid there.  I shook the tree with the tractor so he would fall to the ground and run away.

 Cora says, "I will just stay right here and see what you do Mr. Squirrel!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that is some more stay power. This will be a very good trait to be passed down.

Wayne

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.